Tuesday 22 April 2014

Lotti's (one)

Every now and again I get little glimmers of opportunities to work on wonderful and exciting projects that allow me to escape the studio walls - always a good thing to escape every once in a while.  Most of the time I have to turn them down...mainly because they are either too far away (one of the downfalls of living up north as most offerings are in the south) or I can't weave them around school runs and the kids or on rare occasions, requests are made, where it would involve blood, sweat and tears for the equivalent of £1.23 an hour (if you are lucky)...
Last month I met two lovely ladies - Mum and Daughter - Michelle & Lotti -  who were to open a Tea/Craft/Natterings & Chatterings/Cake Filled/Meeting Place/Making Place/Supporting Local Businesses kind of Tea Bar in the day Cocktail Bar of an evening.  

(a) Would I like to be involved?
(b) Would I be interested in holding workshops?
(C) Could I make a few lovely pieces to sell?
(d) Can they be inspired by my studio to inspire its decoration?
(e) If so - can 'I' come along and make the furnishings and frills using my palette of fabrics?
(f) Would I mind coming over and helping style the Tea Bar too with a little stamp of The Linen Garden....

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, YES please!!!!

So here is stage one of this little project 'Lotti's' and the brief is to make furnishings and similar in the style of everything that is displayed in my studio on a daily basis.  So I am given free reign to produce a collection of floral fancies for a new Tea Bar that is to open close by in Stokesley (North Yorkshire) next month.  
 So here is the selection, so far, for a mammoth cushion making month. 
A big floral soup!
I'll keep you posted of how things are tinkering on - it is so refreshing to work on an interior as a blank canvas.  I'll write more too of the concept behind the Tea Bar as it is all so inspiring - but one exciting aspect is that every once in a while the main room will become my new space to hold workshops.  So I had better get my thinking cap on.  If you would like to be popped on the mailing list for the workshops (once they are invented) then either leave a message here with your email address or pop a little message over to me at info@vickytrainor.co.uk and I will let you know when we are ready to go..........wish me luck - I'm a tad excited about this one!!!


...if you fancy a little cushion making yourself - I have just ironed 
and neatly folded a whole collection onto the shelves of The Linen Garden



6 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations, it all sounds fabulous and so exciting. What a marvellous venture to be part of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations.Such a good adventure for you and Stokesley is just a short ride away from me, can't wait to hear more about it and I'll be popping me name on your list straightaway, thanks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fabulous - I didn't realise you were so close xxxx

      Delete
  3. I understand this is an older page but I must know if these are vintage textiles.
    If not, please inform me as to where I can pick fabrics like this up!

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda Ann - I have a lovely selection at the moment in The Linen Garden - here is the link to the store... xxxxx

      www.thelinengarden.com and the fabrics are in the department titled The Linen Press - hope you find something you like xxxx

      Delete