Monday 3 February 2014

...the Friday-Monday rule....

...I am trying to stick to my new routine of work/family/sanity balance that only allows me to check into my work room on a weekend to answer emails or to indulge in a little internet meandering.  I don't own a mobile phone so my visiting Facebook or Pinterest or Etsy is one taken by being sat at my bureau infront of my pc. 
It is so important that work has a completion line that closes one week and allows the next in line to commence with a refreshed eye.   I have chosen to be a tad organised on a Friday.  This may seem a bit confusing but I leave my work room as if it is the up and coming Monday morning.  I leave new trimmings hanging on the wall, new found visuals positioned on floral grounds, re-awaken textures, tidy and sort and leave the studio with exciting compositions in place.  A sense of a new week before we even approach.  
...so this is how my Monday morning looks to me....I have a list in my diary of orders needing to be completed and sent and while I work on those I ponder what to do with the new fabrics and ephemera that have recently arrived in the studio...I take an acknowledged consideration and nod to completing projects and products that are still only half made - even if it is only another quarter of a mile of stitching I will be still closer to completion that I was last Friday.
....do you have any routines you can share...I love hearing how others organise their week - sometimes I wonder how I manage to complete deadlines when there are so many distractions.....but I do and satisfaction is felt....


No comments:

Post a Comment