Tuesday 1 October 2013

...curling up under lamplight...


I find the start of a month exciting.  I tend not to wait until the first of January to document resolutions and make illustrative ‘what I want to achieve’ lists.  Every month as I step onto the first day I tidy my studio.  I really do not fit well with the structure of days and weeks being the same, I struggle with routine.  Apparently, I am told, it is because my birth sign is Aries (?)  




Each month I prefer my studio to look different from the last and by changing around furniture and re-arranging boards and shelves, painting the odd section of wall allows each month to re-invent itself visually.  So today is the first of October and I have done just that.  I have dragged, lifted, dusted, swept, organised and drawn lists, and it is the best therapy that money can’t buy.


So hello October. I am not too sure how we have arrived in this autumnal month so quickly, but I welcome with embracing arms the early drawing of curtains, the blankets on the arms of chairs, milkier drinks of an evening and curling up under lamp light.  The house feels smaller and cosier as the garden closes its gates for the chillier seasons and we hibernate in the blanket of central heating (I would like to romantically say open fires and a wood burner but there are no fireplaces in my semi detached).

I am also ready to stop by here more often than my work schedule has previously allowed.  So I hope you can join me here and there and we can enjoy the chillier seasons together. xxxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment