Monday 21 January 2013

Everyday, remember to tell someone that you love them...


…well, let me be the first to congratulate you all on braving the weather and let me send you a welsh blanket kind of hug…we either stay indoors and hibernate or embrace the white talcum covering with the glee of an excited child.  I did the latter. I found myself stood on the top of a hill, watching my girls whizz down an icy slope (occasionally joining them when I was allowed).. glancing all around at the country side, the industrial landscape of Teesside, the sea in a faded haze in the distance and I felt all - dare I say it - ‘Julie Andrews… yes, I could have spun round and round in my wellies and sang ‘the hills are alive' and they were indeed alive with clusters of happy families…tra la la la…


The atmosphere was amazing. I hadn’t felt that exhilarated since the last time I went sledging …

It also concreted a resolution of mine to have one ‘total complete day off’ in the week…so bring on next Saturday for a day of pure indulgence...

 ...here in Redcar the snow has almost gone (it is flat and coastal) even though 3 miles away, as the crow flies where North Yorkshire starts, people are being snow ploughed out of their houses.... Keep warm lovely people....here is a spot of decorativeness from the studio tables to bring you warmth on a cold January.
..and remember to tell someone, everyday, that you love them...

1 comment:

  1. Aah, Redcar....memories of caravan holidays in the dim distant past and donkey rides on the beach...

    And more prettiness from your studio..
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete